Friday 2 May 2014

Individualistic traits

I am not a certified psychologist yet I arrived at the conclusion that I am an individualistic person.

By being an individualist, I can say that I have small tolerance level. Well, yes I am a control freak! 

Yet, During my short span of life (27 years now); I learned that I can only control what I can control. I learn that I can't control others decision, others thoughts and expectation.

so.. how do I feel the control?
I control what I can control, which is myself.. my thoughts and expectation.
so when there is some unexpected things happen, I control my feeling and thoughts towards it.
and I also do filtering of what I read, what I hear and my surroundings.
I choose consciously 'the food' or the input for my mind.

If someone keep posting bad news about job or bragging about their life or keep complaining about life.. I will decide to remove it from my sight, so that it doesn't bring negative thoughts to my mind.

I choose who I hang out with (some may say I am an extremist for doing this).
Yet I believe that my life is a private garden where I have to choose the living organism inside the fence.

Somehow I relate individualistic trait with the needs of freedom.
Individualists are people who need control over their life yet does not like being controlled.
Individualists are not neccessary shy, they just choose to be with themselves often.
all these traits make one individualist control their circle, choose their friend and partner and filter the  input for their mind.

One thing for sure, individualists are not cold hearted peraon who are cruel or  merciless person.
They never intentionally hurt other person feeling. Yet... they are less care about other people's life., so that it is appear that they care less and less empathetic.

well, everyone has their own plusses and minuses, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment