Monday 24 November 2014

Lady Chameleon - Adapting to Your Circumstances, Don't Stick to One Stigma

During my short tenure of life, I think I have been having several different personalities that I can share I have been some different persons.

I have been shy one, brave one, rude one, nice one, unconfident one, overconfident one.
I used to be touchy sensitive and full of feeling one, and I have been one who always used head and put away hearty warmy feeling on making decision.

I used to think that one way of life is better than others.
For example: in the past, I judged people based on their level of attention to details:
  • Following up the Details, make a Detail clear plan - Smart, Diligent, Hard worker, Passionate
  • Good with Details - Careful
  • Bad with Details - Lousy
  • Missed the Details - Ignorance
  • Not following up the Details - Lazy
  • Can't follow the Details - Stupid (pardon my lingo)
But life give me lessons that my judgments are not true and unacceptable, and you know how I find it out? by experiencing the judgments that I put on others at the first place.

Life has gave me chances to be in all positions above, and feel being judged by other people who are also using my judgments above. I started my career quite well, where I carefully and exceptionally put attention on it because I wanted to succeed; I followed up the details, made a good plan, until I climbed the career ladder, tried to absorb everything myself and overloaded and I fell into stage where I can't follow the details and some other people get annoyed by that.

And there, life teach me that being judgmental is not good :)
And also it teach me that being one type of person is not good too. 

Losing your identity is not good at all, but being rigid isn't the best way to live your life either.
I think, to survive, savor and appreciate life, you have to be adaptable. 
You have to change your color repeatedly depending on your circumstances.
Be one of those Chameleons :)




No comments:

Post a Comment