Monday 3 February 2014

Writing from the office, again..

I am writing from the office again.

Why?
Because my mind and heart and soul speak too much when I was in office!
They made comments to my every single doing in workplace.

When I was in a meeting, my mind constantly say this and that about the person in front of me
When I was staring at my inbox, my mind constantly cursing how silly people are for asking such an unimportant questions to me
When I was replying emails or crafting a presentation or in a teleconference room, my mind wander.. WHY DO I DO THIS?

Its just very funny, after 4 years and 3 months working, I feel I come back to point zero where I have no clue why am I here or what is my purpose of life.
Its just too funny that I start to think that I probably should try sales, try finance, try anything that less require me to do facilitation job.

When attended one of trainee presentation today, I just somehow knew that I have lost the spirit.

All my mind says these days: "I am tired like Hell, I am tired like Hell"

Lets practice perseverance though, or.. knowing when to quit.
I am reading this book:

Some of the key take outs:

  1. Persistence in pursuit of a goal is valuable. So is knowing when to quit.
  2. Your brain is hard-wired for persistence 
  3. Fear of failure can blind you to the need to quit chasing a goal that isn’t working.
  4. Not all quitting is healthy. Quitting with threats or staging a “disappearing act” feeds underlying problems.
  5. Manage your possible regrets. Don’t let self-reflection turn into unhealthy rumination.

No comments:

Post a Comment